Friday 16 September 2016


Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. Jimi Hendrix



Music is an integral part of our society and culture. By emphasizing the importance of technical knowledge, skills, and composition, students will also gain an appreciation of the value that music plays on individuals and society.



Andrei made me love music!


  • Title
    Andrei made me love music!
  • Author
    Angela Krone
Andrei Panasevich made me love music. I have been playing piano for nine years, but only genuinely enjoyed it for the last five years that I have been taught by Andrei. Oh, it was frustrating at first. He kept challenging me to play pieces ahead of my current RCM level. However, that “push” was just what I needed. When I hit a wrong note, Andrei is able, just by listening, to know where it is and what note it should be. He is always quick to encourage me when I am having trouble. Andrei tells me stories about the music so vivid, that he paints mental pictures of how the songs should make me feel when I play them. Once he told me a two-minute epic tale on why a piece of music should sound like “falling tear drops.” He helps bring my music to life. Andrei began teaching piano almost immediately after immigrating to Canada. His students have grown to love him as their teacher, willingly performing at the many recitals he arranges. His day job is teaching music and other classes to international students. He also plays piano and trumpet for his church. Andrei is an AMAZING teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment